The MEHRIT Centre’s flagship course is an excellent learning resource to help educators and those who work with children to create an understanding of how stress affects students’ behaviour and moods, the difference between misbehaviour and stress behaviour, and the importance of relationship in self-regulation.
In this four-course (approximately 7 month) online program, Stuart Shanker and Susan Hopkins take you deep into the science of self-regulation and stress including:
· how the brain/body stress system works
· how stress affects children’s behaviour and moods
· the difference between misbehaviour and stress behaviour
· the importance of relationships in self-regulation and learning
Upon completion, you will receive a certificate identifying that you have completed the Foundations course and can now be referred to as a Self-Reg Champion in your school.
If you’re interested in learning the basic underpinnings of Shanker Self-Reg®, then yes – this course is for you.
· Four separate courses
· Each of the courses takes six weeks to complete (approximately 7 months)
· A new module opens each week and learners have one week to complete it
· Weekly time commitment is approximately 4 – 6 hours per week
· Short videos from Dr. Shanker and Susan Hopkins with “bite-sized” chunks of information
· Questions designed to support understanding, reflection and application of Self-Reg learning
· Interactive responding to comments of other learners online
· Contributions from other Shanker Self-Reg® experts
· Course facilitation from various TMC Self-Reg Specialists
For more information, please click here to learn more in depth about the Foundations Certificate program.
Interested in learning more? Please register for the INFORMATION SESSION on April 15th at 3:15 pm. You will be sent a 20-minute video that you can pre-watch before attending a short Q & A session. Susan Hopkins will join us to answer any questions you may have. We will also have some staff who have taken the course in attendance, so that they can answer particular questions you might have.
Please forward all inquiries about the session to Holly Vivier DRT-SEL at firstname.lastname@example.org
Audience: Staff who work directly with students
Presenters: Susan Hopkins, the Mehrit Center and Janis Myers, District Principal, Learning Services.