Trauma-Focused Schools Course – Self-paced, 7 hour online course
Subject Area Social Emotional Learning, Prevention & Diversity
Open to external participants? No
Are you interested in learning how to best support students who’ve been through hard things? If yes, Complex Trauma Resources has created an online Trauma-Focused Schools course for you!
- 7 hours of professional development
- Videos, PowerPoints, case studies, quizzes, conversation starters, resources for schools and homes, etc.
- Can be completed individually or in groups
- Certificate upon completion
The Trauma-Focused Schools online course covers:
- How trauma impacts the brain and body
- Viewing behaviours through development rather than diagnosis: CTR’s 7 Developmental Domains
- An intervention framework for schools: PEACEful Schools
- An intervention framework for homes: PEACEful Homes
- How to de-escalate a student
- How to create trauma-focused IEP’s as living documents
- Purpose and passion: the reason we do this meaningful, life-changing work
- Self-care, because: "if we’re not okay, our kids don't stand a chance."
- Opportunities for further training: HeART (Heal Aces Rating Tool)
Audience: All staff who work directly with students
Date: Self-paced 7 hour online course (completion required by June 2021)
Time: March to June 2021 (self-paced)
Once you register for this course, you will receive instructions and a course registration code via email within a few weeks. You will then need to follow the instructions in the email in order to register for the course through the Complex Trauma Resources website using the registration code provided in the email.
Please note that some personal information will be gathered by Complex Trauma Resources through this registration process. Questions regarding the collection of personal information can be directed to Complex Trauma Resources directly.
All other questions can be directed to Janis Myers, District Principal, Learning Services.
This course registration is being paid for by the VSB, is intended to be professional development and is not to be done during instructional time. You will need to complete this course by June 2020.