Are you interested in learning about how to best support students who have been through hard things? If yes, Complex Trauma Resources has created an online Trauma-Focused Schools workshop for you!
• Self-paced (you may start anytime after Dec. 8th)
• 7 hours of professional development
• Videos, powerpoints, case studies, quizzes, conversation starters, resources for school & home, etc.
• Can be completed individually or in groups
• Certificate upon completion
The Trauma-Focused Schools online course covers:
• How trauma impacts the brain and body
• Viewing behaviours through development rather than diagnosis: CTR’s 7 Developmental Domains
• An intervention framework for schools: PEACEful Schools
• An intervention framework for schools: PEACEful Homes
• How to de-escalate a student
• How to create trauma-focused IEP’s as living documents
• Purpose and passion: the reason we do this meaningful, life-changing work
• Self-care, because: "if we’re not okay, our kids don’t stand a chance”
• Opportunities for further training: HeART (Heal Aces Rating Tool)