The MEHRIT Centre’s flagship course is an excellent learning resource to help educators and those who work with children to create an understanding of how stress affects students’ behaviour and moods, the difference between misbehaviour and stress behaviour, and the importance of relationship in self-regulation.
In this four-course (approximately 8 month) online program with the start date of March 3rd 2022 Stuart Shanker and Susan Hopkins take you deep into the science of self-regulation and stress including:
- how the brain/body stress system works
- how stress affects children's behaviour and moods
- the difference between misbehaviour and stress behaviour
- the importance of relationships in self-regulation and learning
Upon completion, you will receive a certificate identifying that you have completed the Foundations course and can now be referred to as a Self-Reg Champion in your school.
If you’re interested in learning the basic underpinnings of Shanker Self-Reg®, then yes – this course is for you.
- Four separate courses
- Each of the courses takes six weeks to complete (approximately 8 months)
- A new module opens each week and learners have one week to complete it
- Weekly time commitment is approximately 4-6 hours per week
- Short videos from Dr. Shanker and Susan Hopkins with "bite-sized" chunks of information
- Questions designed to support understanding, reflection and application of Self-Reg learning
- Interactive responding to comments of other learners online
- Contributions from other Shanker Self-Reg® experts
- Course facilitation from various TMC Self-Reg Specialists
For more information, please click here to learn more in depth about the Foundations Certificate program. Interested in learning more? Please register for the INFORMATION SESSION that will be held on Thursday January 27th 3:15 pm. You will be sent a 20-minute video that you can pre-watch before attending a short Q & A session.
*If there are no longer spots available for the Pro-d Info session, e-mail email@example.com to be placed on a waitlist.
After the info session Deanna Barreira will contact you to have short one-on-one meetings to answer any further questions you may have, and provide you with more information.