By completing EASE K-7, you will receive practical, flexible, curriculum aligned, evidence-based information and strategies to better equip you to support everyday (mild to moderate) anxiety in your grade K-7 classrooms.
The EASE K-7 course will take approximately 3 hours to complete and will help you:
- Understand anxiety and recognize it (in your students and yourself)
- Know the difference between everyday anxiety and problem anxiety
- Understand the psychological theory that informs EASE and the CBT (cognitive behaviour theory) principles on which EASE is based
- Strengthen your mental health literacy
- Certificate available upon completion of the course
STEPS TO COMPLETE THE COURSE:
1.Indicate your interest in taking the course by registering on the Pro-D site. Those who sign-up will be sent a follow up message with a Teams invite for Jan. 17th (Pro D Day)
Before Jan. 13th, 2022 (Thursday)
2. Pre-register to receive EASE online course access:
On Jan. 17th, 2022 (Monday)
3. 9:00am - Using your Teams invitation, join the call to meet your EASE District Trainer for a brief introduction and help with registration/troubleshooting.
4. 9:30am to 1:30pm - Complete the online program independently
5. 1:30 to 2:00pm - Re-join Teams to debrief course content with EASE District Trainer and fellow educators.