*Pre-requisite course required: CPI NCI Foundations
A safe, nonharmful behaviour management system designed to provide the best possible Care, Welfare, Safety and Security of students exhibiting challenging behaviour. The purpose of this course is to:
- Learn critical skills to prevent challenging behaviours in school settings
- Recognize how to manage your own consistent, calm behaviour in order to influence a positive outcome in an escalated situation
- Identify behaviour levels and apply staff approaches to prevent further escalation
Full attendance is mandatory. Successful completion of this course is dependent on your attendance and participation throughout the training. If you have any conflicts, please plan to re-schedule your training for a later date.
Please Note: If you need to cancel less than 48 hours in advance of the workshop, please send an email to the Contact Person. The supplied Participant Workbook is required for participation as well as certification.
Audience - VSB staff:
- Who have previously taken CPI Foundations (2 day course) or Refresher (1 day course)
- And whose certification is about to expire or will expire in less than 6 months of this course date
NOTE: Location to be determined - In-person or online via Teams