A safe, nonharmful behaviour management system designed to provide the best possible Care, Welfare, Safety and Security of students exhibiting challenging behaviour. The purpose of this course is to:
- Learn critical skills to prevent challenging behaviours in school settings
- Recognize how to manage your own consistent, calm behaviour in order to influence a positive outcome in and escalated situation
- Identify behaviour levels and apply staff approaches to prevent further escalation
Full day attendance is mandatory. Certification is given upon successful completion.
Please Note: If you need to cancel less than 48 hours in advance of the workshop, please send an email to the Contact Person. The supplied workbook is required for participation as well as certification.
Audience: Support Staff, Teachers, and Administrators. VSB staff:
- Who have previously taken the CPI Foundations (2 day course) or Refresher (1 day course)
- And whose certification is about to expire or will expire in less than 6 months of this course date
NOTE: Location to be determined - In-person or online via Teams